Friday 28 November 2014

Christmas-Schmismas

  Christmas-Schmismas.     I'm over it already.

  Bah humbug! 

Sickened by the crass, pointless, mad consumerist spendathon that it is, I don't intend spending anything on it.

Well, actually I have already bought a Christmas pudding, but that is because I like Christmas pudding and this is the only time of year you can get it.   But that is it.  No more.

Well, actually I may buy a carton of Brandy Custard to go with my pudding because I like that too.  And it is my only annual indulgence in dairy milk products.  But that really is it.  Nothing else.   I mean it.

So, because Yuletide in the southern hemisphere is in June and we are coming up to the Pagan festival of Litha (The Summer Solstice), here is an alternative seasonal wish for all my Meanderings Blogspot friends, followers, stalkers and casual readers:

  Wishing you a Blessed Litha.  
  May the Light always shine on your way.  

















3 comments:

  1. For some reason I can't add pictures to this post. Sometimes I hate Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could learn to make a Christmas pudding and have it any time of the year. Brandy custard too ;-)

    I hate Blogger, too. That's why I left it in favour of Wordpress (although I admit they can get frustrating, too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking Bev. If only there were more hours in a day, days in a week, energy in my body, or something.

      Delete